Terms & Conditions
1. All fees are due no later than the Spanish course starting date, this applies also for fees related to the volunteering and Internship programs. Service charges must be paid by the sender: bank commission should be paid by sender, Paypal payments must be received in full (please include 5%). You can also pay in cash or credit card at the school’s Front Desk on your first day of class.
2. A $200 non-refundable deposit is due as soon as the applicant confirms participation and is required to complete the booking and reservation process. This $200 deposit will be subtracted from the total amount. The deposit must be received in full to our bank account or Paypal account. You can check the options and details here.
3. A minimum age of 16 is required for registration for individual students.
4. If there are not enough students to conform a group at the student’s level, then private lessons will be offered instead. No refunds apply. Group lessons will be changed into private lessons as follows:
- 20 Group lessons: 12 Private lessons
- 30 Group lessons: 18 Private lessons
5. All enquiries, bookings and cancellations must be sent to our central office in Coronado: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Course and Accommodation Cancellation policy. Cancellations for school services are only accepted directly from the party that booked the service before the course starting dates. All cancellations must be sent to school in writing by e-mail before the course starting dates. In all cases bank charges will be deducted. Refund policy 2023:
- All cancellations must be sent to school in writing by e-mail. In all cases bank charges will be deducted.
- 100% refund to invoices with cancellations received 30 days or more before the course starting date.
- 50% refund to all invoices with cancellations received less than 30 days and up to 1 week before the course starting date.
- 25% refund to cancellations that arrive 1 week or less before the course starting date.
- No refunds or changes after course or accommodation have started.
7. Volunteering and Internship programs cancellation policy. No refunds are possible for the Volunteering or the Internship Programs because these programs require many hours of setup.
8. Change in accommodation type type (e.g. from family to apartment or family to family) is possible during the first week. Check with the Academia Tica administration for availability.
9. Change from social volunteering or Internship into volunteering or Internship at a National Park is possible but the student must pay the National Park accommodation fees on his own.
10. Late arrival and early departure: Students who arrive after the course starts or leave the school and their accommodation before the official end of the program will not be refunded for any unused portion.
11. If you book a school organized transfer, you must provide flight details at least 1 week prior to its arrival by e-mail to the school contact numbers. However, a taxi to the accommodation must be taken at the student’s expense if the flight is more than 2 hours late or the student shows up at a different time or date without communicating the school about the arrival change. Academia Tica transfer drivers will wait 2 hours at the airport. If a student on his/her own arranges a taxi transfer please consider Costa Rican style addresses. Because of the way directions are given in Costa Rica, the student must give the taxi driver the accommodation address as described, verbatum.
12. Transfers to Academia Tica are not automatically included with school fees. Academia Tica can arrange a door-to-door private service. Please contact the school for more details.
13. Certificate of attendance: All students are expected to attend classes regularly. At the end of the course students are entitled to the Academia Tica Certificate of Attendance which shows course type, lessons per week, duration, level attained as well as progress made (students have to attend 90% of classes minimum).
14. Academia Tica can assist the student in obtaining college credits but this must be mentioned to the students’ educational institution before the course starts.
15. Our BANK DETAILS are:
Account holder: Diálogo-Academia Tica S.A.
Account number: 200-02-053-001721-0
Bank: Banco Nacional de Costa Rica
Address: Avenidas 1 y 3, Calle 4, San José
Swift Code: BNCRCRSJ
16. Holiday Policy: Lost group classes because of public holidays will not be refunded or recovered. However, lost private classes (individual tuition) due to official holidays will be made up on other working days. You can check the current year’s holidays here.
17. Outstading charges on payments: All fees and charges should be paid by the sender. Please check fees on the deposits page.
18. Force majeure cancellations: In the unlikely case of extraordinary circumstances that make impossible for the school to provide the students of purchased services(such as natural disasters or other force majeure events), the student will be fully refunded for the portion of services not taken.