Social Volunteering Programs
We believe that we don’t have to go very far to find populations in need. Coronado and Jacó, our home communities, are comprised of hard-working people living in places that are developing rapidly and we should pay attention to those who need it most. Our projects are aimed for those with a true vocation for help who have a strong will.
- Elderly day care home (Coronado)*
- School and kinder garden (Coronado)*
- Orphanage (Coronado)*
- Library and Learning center (Jacó)*
- Public schools (Montezuma/Matapalo)**
- Agrozapotal – Community & Agriculture (Puntarenas)**
* These projects are near school locations, so you can stay at the same accommodations where you will be when taking your Spanish course. The same accommodation fees apply as well.
** These projects require you to move to where the project is located and live in the community and/or volunteer shelters. Lodging and three meals cost around $26-$30 per day.
Required skills for these projects: hard working person, sensitive, willing to learn about new cultures and enthusiasm. No experience is necessary but social workers or teachers are good candidates for this projects. Also, being creative is really important since you’re likely to be asked to create your own tasks or implement your ideas, which are always welcomed.
Common tasks: volunteers will assist in many tasks from serving food and cleaning to teaching, playing games, helping with homework and supporting social workers or teachers on their jobs. Working on Agrozapotal, you’ll be helping the community with a sustainable agriculture project which also includes farm duties.
Remember to contact us if you want to be a volunteer or if you have any questions!