Academia Tica is proud to present its Internship Program, the best opportunity to gain work experience!
This practical training program places university level students in enterprises or institutions to acquire work experience in their field of study in San José, or even outside of the Central Valley , for a period of 8 to 24 weeks.
It is non-paid work but a certificate of participation is issued and many universities accept this to fulfill the academic Internship requirement.
This program is available to those students who:
- Have completed at least 4 university semesters.
- Enroll for a minimum of a 2-week Academia Tica Spanish course if their Spanish level is upper intermediate, or for a minimum of a 4-week Spanish course if their level is lower intermediate prior to the begining of the internship.
- Send their application to Academia Tica at least between 12 and 16 weeks prior to the start of the practical training.
The student receives counseling and supervision before and during the work period from Academia Tica and his/her work is supervised by a staff member of the enterprise or institution. It is important for the student to be able to adapt to a new work environment and style. This program offers great practical training in areas such as:
- Clean Energy Production
- Nature Conservation
- Information Systems
- Environmental Education
- Urban Planning
- Business Administration
The required 2-week Spanish course has to take place at Academia Tica immediately prior to the commencement of the Internship stay. The goal of the course is to activate the student’s Spanish language knowledge and to serve as a cultural buffer. Also, this course may be taken either in our Coronado or Jacó campuses. The location of the Internship depends on type of enterprise or institution chosen.
- Academia Tica’s Internship request form.
- Résumé or curriculum vitae that includes: education history, employment history and any previous internship or volunteering experience.
- A short letter written in Spanish by the applicant to introduce himself/herself and apply for the internship program.