Surf and Spanish in Jacó Beach, Costa Rica
This program features 20 group Spanish lessons and 3 surf lessons per week. Surfing lessons are around 2 hours of duration and include all the necessary equipment. The lessons are taught by top-notch surf teachers from an experienced partner school in Jacó Beach.
NEW! Stand Up Paddle at a discount introduction price. Contact us for more information about the SUP & Spanish course.
NEW! Intensive version of the Surf and Spanish course is also available for those interested in focusing in surfing while still getting some Spanish. This versions features 10 private Spanish lessons and 5 surf lessons. This way, you can surf the best tides and still have time for study.
Remember that surfing is a demanding sport, so courses are designed to give you enough time and energy to go to class, surf and study.
World renowed surfing
Jacó’s importance for Costa Rican surfing has been long-recognized. Not only it is part of the most important surfing events in the national professional circuit, but it was also home of the ISA World Surfing Games 2009 (surfing next door, in Playa Hermosa) and most recently, the ISA World Surfing Games 2016 right in our beach break!
The Central Pacific of Costa Rica continues on the headlines with famous surfers from Costa Rica like Carlos and Beto Muñoz, Emily Gussoni and many others competing internationally. 2016 also marks the first time a World Surfing League Qualifying Series event will be hosted in Costa Rica, this time in nearby Esterillos.
How’s surfing in Jacó Beach?
Jacó Beach is called “City of Surf” in Costa Rica. It offers some of the best surfing in the country and it’s just minutes away to other world class surfing beaches with lots of spots like Playa Hermosa (5 minute drive from Jacó downtown), Playa Esterillos, Playa Blanca, Roca Loca and Playa Caletas.
Jacó Beach is the best place for learning to surf in Costa Rica for three main reasons:
- Wave conditions are good and fun for learning to surf, available year-round.
- Jacó Beach has good waves for beginners as well as for more advanced surfers making it fun and easy to progress.
- Experienced instructors (in both surfing at competitive level and also in teaching).
For more information about surfing in Costa Rica:
- Federación de Surf de Costa Rica: National Surf Federation Official Website
- Magic Seaweed Surf Forecast
- Wet Sand Surf Forecast
- Wave Watch Surf Forecast
- Wanna Surf Spot Atlas: view surf spots in Costa Rica by region and read in depth information about Jacó, Hermosa and other famous and not so famous spots.
Current conditions: Surfline Forecasts